It’s important to plan a maintenance regime for your air conditioning system because dust and worn parts can reduce the efficiency of your HVAC system and shorten the life of components.
Breakdowns, emergency repairs and disruption to the operation of your air conditioning can be costly; planning regular maintenance visits can help to avoid many of these costs.
How often should I service my air conditioning system?
Ideally air conditioning equipment should be serviced twice each year. However, business critical and larger systems should be serviced every 3 months.
Planning a maintenance programme is vital to obtaining the equipment manufacturer’s additional warranty period.
What happens during an Air Conditioning Service visit?
If your engineer is qualified and experienced you can expect the at least a 12 point checklist of tasks to be undertaken during a service visit. Here are just a few of them and why they are important:
- Clean and inspect air filters. – A restricted air filter can cause your air conditioning unit to waste energy and can shorten the life of the compressors.
- Clean coils. Dirty condenser coils raise the refrigerant pressure to a higher level than needed, increasing your electricity bill.
- Check electrical connections and measure the voltage. Faulty electrical connections can cause unsafe operation and reduce the life of major components.
- Check for refrigerant leaks on flares and service valves.
- Check controls and safety devices of the system to ensure proper and safe operation.
- Take and record temperature and pressures. An accurate record of your equipment’s vital data can indicate potential problems.
Once the above checks have been completed, the engineer will write a system operation report and update the F-Gas logbooks.
A quick read through this list of checks and tests, helps to demonstrate how important a maintenance regime is for the longevity of your air conditioning system.
Why should I book a planned preventative maintenance programme?
Many businesses and organisations adopt a planned preventative maintenance schedule so that the maintenance visits can be booked into the company’s maintenance calendar in advance. Visits can then be planned for the most convenient times to suit the organisation, such as during holidays for schools, shutdowns for factories and prior to the opening times for restaurants, offices, salons and surgeries.
Cool Services’ administration team offer a reminder service, so you need never miss a maintenance visit.
Always make sure that you choose a company that employs experienced and qualified technicians who will undertake all checks thoroughly and with care. Make sure you check out their industry accreditations too.
To read our blog on how to Choose an Air Conditioning company click here
Contact us today for further information and expert advice on 0800 374217.